Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hopelessly In Denial

I can't decide what you are more
irritating or intriguing?
Of course, for me, its both.

I can't stand the sight of you
But I can't stand the absence of you either
And of course,
You don't care.
Not if I think you're 
irritating
Not even if I think you're 
intriguing.
But I don't care, either.
Why should I?
Why would I care
that you don't care?
And
why would I care
that you don't care
that I don't care?
Who cares what you do or don't care about?
Not me!

You voice you're opinion so strongly,
it intrigues me,
piques my interest.
But then
I remember what you don't care about
And you just irritate me.
I roll my eyes
and walk away.
And
of course
you don't notice.
But I didn't really notice
that you didn't notice.
I was too busy not caring.

I walk by and I see
that you're reading my favorite book.
Not like I was paying attention 
to you,
I just noticed the book.
So I went over and mentioned
how much I love it.
You barely notice.
You barely notice,
but barely is something.
It means you did notice
just
an itty bitty bit.
I smile.

But I don't care,
not really.
I barely even noticed that 
you barely noticed.

In fact, I'm paying so little attention
to you
that when I turn around
I don't notice
the gaze in my direction,
the look you give me.

But what does it mater?
I don't really care
Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment