Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crying, Lost to Their Sight

I’m lost to their love
Though I can say that they’ve tried
But though they are with me
They’ve set me aside

It’s true that they love me
And if they could they would try
Though nothing they say
Would stop the tears that Id cry

For all that they uttered
To comfort my tears
Would be silken lies
Whispered in my ears

And though I’m still loved
It will never be me
My place will be second
But I’ll let them be free

I won’t call their bluff
When they say it’s me too
When they tell me I’m special
When they tell me it’s true

And I’ll hide the truth
That which I know
I’ll hide my tears
And nothing will show

And it’s true that they love me
But it will soon fade away
For they give all they can
And they have no more to say

Because I’m lost to their love
Though they say that they’ve tried
We all keep pretending
We’re showered in lies

No comments:

Post a Comment