Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Scales of Egypt

Lover hidden in the Sands
My heart resides in Ancient Lands
Under the deserts burning gaze
We met- my Heart was set ablaze

I traveled far, across the waste
Three days I trekked, onward I paced
I searched, for what was yet unknown
I wandered onward on my own

Until at last, with rising dawn
I found, to what, I had been Drawn
Upon a Temple, fell my sight
I followed inward, toward the Light

A Fountain stood, its Water gleamed
A Thirst, profound, came over me
By waterside, stone and cold
Stood statued figures, new and old

Marble women sitting down,
Stately children, gathered round
Amongst the Courtyard, strewn about
But thier pose inspired Doubt

A single Sip, within a Blink
And all were frozen in mid-drink
I stopped and looked, I noticed how
Off to the side, a Shadow now

And their you stood, the Test complete
The Time and Place we were to Meet
There wasn't Time, I couldn't stay
We'll meet again another Day

No comments:

Post a Comment