Sunday, June 27, 2010

Insomnia

The moon rises and new nightmares haunt my dreams
Sometimes I fear to close my eyes
Because they are right beneath the surface

I cannot tell now
If they are nightmares
Or dark omens of what awaits me
I have lost my hope
I have lost myself

Shadows are hunting me
They wait behind closed eyelids
And rooms where the light has fled
I wonder, what if this is all that is left?

And each night I wish for more pleasant dreams
But even my best memories
Cannot always keep the monsters at bay

And when I remember those times of joy, I wonder
If they were naught but beautiful dreams
Created by a mind which longed for peace
A hope fueled fantasy
Which has faded into dim remembrance

I search for the mistake
The one which opened the doorway
And allowed these demons access to my mind
But no matter how I try I cannot find it
My search yields nothing

The gate will not hold forever
The shadows are breaking through
I wish for peace

No comments:

Post a Comment